Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Is there any way to test sunscreen on face?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Is there any way to test sunscreen on face? Reply with quote

I have a psychological problem in that I feel unless I apply excessive amounts of sunscreen to the point at which it's visible on my face then I'm not getting ideal protection.

However, a lot of sites mention a need for only a small amount to cover the face the size of a few peas.

Is there any way to apply a sunscreen and then test its effectiveness after that? To know if enough has been applied or not. Primarily I'm concerned with UVA.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not w/o a specialized lab as far as I know.
eviesterne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance Reply with quote

For testing whether it's suitable for your skin or not you can apply the sunscreen on your forearm. If you don't get any reaction of problem in that place it won't harm on your skin. You can test any kind of skin care products this way.

Hope my suggestion work for you :)
Tabitha1950

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I am aware of. You could buy a couple that you want to try and test them out by wearing one one day and one another while going outside. Similar conditions, same amount of time, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: