Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Using both DMAE and tretinoin: how to combine them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mald0r0r

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Using both DMAE and tretinoin: how to combine them? Reply with quote

What would be the right timing? Should I alternate every other day, or apply DMAE/lipoic acid cream during the day and use tretinoin at night?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one decides to use tretinoins it is prudent to start every other day and see how one tolerate's it. But check with your dermatologist.
Mald0r0r

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
If one decides to use tretinoins it is prudent to start every other day and see how one tolerate's it. But check with your dermatologist.

Thank you for your reply Dr. I've been using tretinoin for many years now.
I'm about to make my own DMAE and Lipoic Acid cream as described in your DIY manual. I wonder how I could smartly apply it. I'm on holydays for a couple weeks, so applying the DMAE in the morning would do the trick, but it's not realistic as a long-term routine since I already have a morning routine when I work(cleanse and bb cream).

How about using my DIY DMAE cream after the tretinoin as a moisturizer, let's say half an hour later?

Thanks again.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Mald0r0r"]
drtodorov wrote:

How about using my DIY DMAE cream after the tretinoin as a moisturizer, let's say half an hour later?

That might reduce a bit the penetration of DMAE but other than that should be ok.
Mald0r0r

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
Mald0r0r wrote:

That might reduce a bit the penetration of DMAE but other than that should be ok.

This is what I'll do when I'll be back working full time but in the meantime I will apply my DIY DMAE and Lipoic acid cream during the day. Should I cleanse my face before or apply it right away like a sunscreen? Thank you.

I'm also considering using it in the morning for a few months but I like my bb cream which has a good SPF index that is enough for my sun exposure on my way to work.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half an hour is my not be enough for all tretinoin to be absorbed, so probably best not to wash skin at that time.
Mald0r0r

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it would make me cleanse my skin three times a day, once in the morning to apply BB cream, once in the middle of the day to apply the DIY DMAE and Lipoic Acid cream, and once before bed to apply the tretinoin. Is it fine? I'm afraid that much cleansing could be aggressive.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three times could be a bit much. Consider tretinoin on alternate days, for example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: