Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Light Therapy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tedbacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Light Therapy Reply with quote

would you trust third party company to improve your health via blood flow using ultraviolet light therapy uvlrx.com?
jamesherried

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read that "red light therapy" can increase collagen production in your skin, to eliminate or prevent wrinkles. I don't know if red light therapy really has that effect, though.

I do know that red light therapy has been found to increase testosterone levels significantly in male laboratory animals, if you direct the light onto the right part of the body (the male genitals). I don't know for sure if it works in humans for that purpose. I don't know of any human studies yet. But some men are using red light therapy to boost testosterone levels, and they claim that it works.

And I do know that exposing the male genitals to "full-spectrum light" from the sun has been shown to boost testosterone levels by as much as 200%. Studies done at Boston State Hospital in 1937 showed that. I've often wondered why exposing the male genitals to sunlight would increase your sex hormone by such a great amount. Maybe it's the red light wave lengths in the sun, that's responsible for it. Or, it could be the Vitamin D that's produced in the skin, by sun exposure. And Vitamin D inhibits aromatase (which is an enzyme that converts testosterone to estrogen), so that less testosterone produced by the testicles converts to estrogen.
jamesherried

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually increase your blood flow simply by sunbathing. And that's because exposing your skin to the sun increases nitric oxide levels in your blood within minutes. And nitric oxide expands your blood vessels, thereby increasing blood flow.
jamesherried

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted on this site several years ago, researchers at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland, discovered that exposing your skin to sunlight actually gets your body to make more nitric oxide, from the nitrates in your skin. And the researchers claim that the process occurs within minutes of exposing your skin to the sun. Maybe that's why you'll feel better within minutes, when you expose enough of your skin to the sun.

Nitric oxide is a molecule that dilates your blood vessels, thereby improving circulation and the flow of blood to all parts of your body. So theoretically, having enough nitric oxide in your blood can prevent a stroke or a heart attack.
Thus, the researchers recommended that everyone do sunbathing, to boost nitric oxide levels, improve circulation, and lower your risk for having a stroke or a heart attack.

And for those of you who are afraid of sunbathing (due to the skin cancer scare), it's important to know that your chance of dying of a stroke or a heart attack is much greater than your chance of dying from skin cancer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: