Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Topically applying a cream to increase NAD levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discohouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Topically applying a cream to increase NAD levels Reply with quote

Dr. Todorov, I read your newest article on "Restoring cellular NAD" and tried to do some research any topical ways to increase NAD in our skin.

Does applying niacinamide to our skin convert to NAD in our skin?

Furthermore, I found another active that might convert to NAD in our skin, but not sure whether it penetrates and works or not.

It's called myristyl nicotinate.
The only skincare brand I know of at the moment which uses it is the STRIVECTIN or NIA114 brands. I have heard that sometimes doctors can prescribe a product with myristyl nicotinate to help with repairing the skin barrier, but as of yet I cannot find such a drug in prescription form online.

I tried to find some studies on it (not sure how credible it is).

If you could take a look, Dr. Todorov, and try to interpretate it for me.
Thank you in advance.

researchgate.net/figure/6313701_fig2_Figure-1-Effects-of-myristyl-nicotinate-on-skin-nicotinamide-adenine-dinucleotide-NAD

There are more studies, I can post them up when I get the time.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applying niacinamide topically does appear to increase NAD in the skin but rather modestly.

myristyl nicotinate might do better that niacinamide but there is very little research on it -- although the article you sent appears interesting and credible enough

Hypothetically, topical nicotinamide riboside seems likely to increase skin NAD (see my article) but it hasn't not been studied so far in topical form, so we can't say for sure.
Discohouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
Applying niacinamide topically does appear to increase NAD in the skin but rather modestly.

myristyl nicotinate might do better that niacinamide but there is very little research on it -- although the article you sent appears interesting and credible enough

Hypothetically, topical nicotinamide riboside seems likely to increase skin NAD (see my article) but it hasn't not been studied so far in topical form, so we can't say for sure.

It seems like it might be promising. That's some good news at least.
Thanks, Dr. Todorov. Your insight is very much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: