Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Uvinil Easy - DIY sunscreen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Protection / UV damage / Sunscreens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Uvinil Easy - DIY sunscreen Reply with quote

cosmeticsonline.com.br/materia_prima/MP102_Daltomare_Uvinul_A_Plus.pdf
ulprospector.com/en/asia/PersonalCare/Detail/1133/520233/Uvinul-Easy
youtube.com/watch?v=isjfx3DuepE
in-cosmetics.com/RXUK/RXUK_InCosmetics/2014-website/Documents/BASF%20Presentation3rd.pdf?v=635340197618915931

This looks very interesting and I wonder to what degree other actives and emolients could be added to produce a near perfect sunscreen.

This follows on from my last thread really. What are your thoughts Dr T? Is this the custom sunscreen we've been waiting for? lol
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These look promising and might be compatible with physical sunscreens but there isn't enough data on their long-term use. They are also only available in Europe but not in North America.

Generally speaking, considering the challenges of using even a perfect sunscreen correctly and consistently, one would usually get a greater benefit from limiting exposure to the sun (particularly of face and neck) than by trying to make one's sunscreen absolutely perfect.

Keep in mind, however, that if you eliminate all of skin's UV exposure, either via sunscreens or thru avoidance, make sure that you are not vitamin D deficient either via vitamin D supplements, vitamin D fortified foods, or getting some sun exposure in less vulnerable areas of the body (while protecting face and neck). There is also a vitamin D blood test that can be used to determine one's vitamin D status.
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
These look promising and might be compatible with physical sunscreens but there isn't enough data on their long-term use. They are also only available in Europe but not in North America.

Generally speaking, considering the challenges of using even a perfect sunscreen correctly and consistently, one would usually get a greater benefit from limiting exposure to the sun (particularly of face and neck) than by trying to make one's sunscreen absolutely perfect.

Keep in mind, however, that if you eliminate all of skin's UV exposure, either via sunscreens or thru avoidance, make sure that you are not vitamin D deficient either via vitamin D supplements, vitamin D fortified foods, or getting some sun exposure in less vulnerable areas of the body (while protecting face and neck). There is also a vitamin D blood test that can be used to determine one's vitamin D status.

I personally supplement with a lot of Vitamin D in order to achieve clinically adequate levels in the blood.

Why do you believe it's so hard to correctly and consistently apply even a good sunscreen? I apply mine every morning in abundance so I'm sure there are no 'holes' in its protection once applied.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying that it is "that hard" but what I am saying is that many people are often not diligent enough to do so consistently -- too busy perhaps, or too stressed, or too distracted, etc. If you are different in that regard -- good for you!
amofaffelo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Uvinil Easy DIY sunscreen Reply with quote

I am planning to change the badges on my GTI as my next DIY when they come in...
It will be super easy like this one.. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Protection / UV damage / Sunscreens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: