Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

bio-oil: list of ingredients; worthwhile product?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: bio-oil: list of ingredients; worthwhile product? Reply with quote

I realise that, to ascertain properly whether a certain product is going to work well or at all, one needs to know the quantities of ingredients but I was wondering whether this sounds at least like a decent collection/combination of ingredients. Bio-oil is meant to decrease the appearance of scars and stretch marks, even out skin tone and promote skin elasticity.

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Triisononanoin, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Lavandula Angustifolia, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Calendula Officinalis, Helianthus Annuus, Glycine Soja, BHT, Bisabolol, Parfum, Cl 26100.

Thanks very much!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What effect are you looking for? Anti-scar or anti-wrinkle?
lucy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'What effect are you looking for? Anti-scar or anti-wrinkle?'

Mostly anti-wrinkle! Also, reduced appearance of freckles and what I suspect are the beginning of age spots.

Thankyou Doctor T.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) has a modest antiwrinkle effect at high concentrations. It is unclear what the concenration is in this product. Other than that, I do not see any antiwrinkle ingredients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: