Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Liquid vit.e

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allyssa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Liquid vit.e Reply with quote

Dr.T, I know that you have suggested mixed tocopherols for topical use. I found one that I would like to get your opinion on http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sol/vitamin.html
What do you think? Also, I have a recipe that calls for 2% of vit.e oil, would that be safe being that this has 10,000 IU's per ounce? thanks again!! By the way, I bought the burdock root a while ago and was planning on using it for its antioxidant properties but was unsure of how much I could use topically. Allyssa
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems ok although they don't give that much details. Just keep in mind that softgels store better than liquid, so you have to be more careful with storage in this case.

If you dilute this product ten times or more with a base cream, it should be safe for the skin. But unusual reactions are always possible, so be prudent.
ebeth33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: your vitamin E oil link... Reply with quote

That link to the vitamin E oil is not pure, it's in a soy oil base, why pay $12.48 for 2oz. when you can get pure Tocopherol natural vitamin E oils here for $20 for 8oz? Just a suggestion
http://www.oilsbynature.com/products/tocopherol-t-50-natural-vitamin-e.htm
jands

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If 'HPLC 49 -53', means that the % of E in the Tocopherol T-50 is about 49 to 53 %, then the other 50% will also be oil, either palm or soy (the most commonly used ones).

In which case the Solaray is not that bad of a deal, at least it has tocotrienols.

It can be bought for:

$10.44 at springvalleyherbs.com/catalog.php?itemID=630

$8.55 at amazon.com/dp/B00028M8PU/ref=nosim/?tag=nextag-hpc-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B00028M8PU&linkCode=asn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Antioxidants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: