Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Daily Skin Care Procedure - I'm 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leydaleon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Daily Skin Care Procedure - I'm 28 Reply with quote

Hi!

I am 28 and being using Clinique's products for a while (say 3 years). I just moved from Puerto Rico (very humid and warm climmate) to Colorado (very dry and cold climmate). My skin is suffering. I don't really know what to do! I was usually oily skin and now I have conbination skin type but is going drier every day... Plus I work under air conditioning!

I have the Moisture on surge spray, which saves the day... I don't follow the 3 steps anymore since the soap and toner dries my skin much more than ever! My skin is always flaky, "egg whites mask like" :) I've tried the Total Turn aroud cream which is excellent, but I am not sure about keep using it.

I am not sure which daily skin care regime to follow anymore. What are my really needs at my age? and under this climmate? What to do on the mornig? What to do at night?

Thanks for any help I can get from you!
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Most of the time 'toners' are either totally useless or even harmfull if they contain irritants like alcohol which is well known to dry out skin. Simply don't use it.

2. Wash your face with MILD cleanser NO MORE than twice per day (morning and evening). You have to use face wash NOT a generic soap ...

3. If your skin is still dry after you apply 1 and 2 for a week, use Emu Oil for moisturizer (3 drops for whole face to avoid shiny look) or Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Gel (it gives kind of soft matte look). Another option is to put Emu Oil at night and in the morning to wash face with tepid water (no face wash). That leaves traces of Emu Oil on face without being shiny.

4. Use non-greasy sunscreen everyday. That's hard to find. Nucelle SunSense SPF 30 seems to be good. Olay All Day Moisture for sensitive skin SPF15 is good too but a little shinier.

5. If you need exfoliation I suggest Nucelle Moisture Shine Control with 5% Mandelic Acid or the stronger Nucelle 10% Mandelic acid serum. Mandelic Acid is the most non irritable yet effective exfoliator currently known.

6. If one of the products you are using is too shiny put mattifier on top. The Nucelle exfoliators mentioned above act like mattifiers. Another good and super cheap mattifier is Monistat Powder Gel.

That pretty much summarizes everything I use, except Retin-A which I'm still evaluating ...
vanyel5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there,
that's my advice...only wash your face with water, unless you use waterproof eye makeup or transfer resistant face makeups...but definitely moving to cetaphil or even the walmart version(much cheaper!!) would help!
also...like orangehrzn, i use paulas choice products(www.paulaschoice.com) her site has tons of great skincare info and her products are top notch. i use the 'skin recovery moisturizer' myself and i love it..it feels like my skin is getting a big refreshing drink of water when i put it on..and for daytime she does offer a moisturizing sunscreen.
Tania27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: For your skin! Reply with quote

My dear, i don't think you did the best thing for your skin by using Clinique products for 3 years, of course that those creams are good, but you should change your face cream once in 3 in 3 months, for example i use Moisturizing Cream with Clay, apply in the morning on face, neck and décolletage, after cleansing with ASLAVITAL Cleansing Milk and toning with ASLAVITAL Remineralizing Tonic Lotion. Also serves as an excellent foundation for make-up. This is what i do, and i feel great, you should do the same....if needed more info visit:
http://www.aslaskin.com/ProductLineDescription.aspx?Category=1
Regards,
tania
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: