Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

proactive VS unblemish??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:01 am    Post subject: proactive VS unblemish?? Reply with quote

hello what would you recommend for ance skin between Proactiv and Rodan Fields unblemish regimen??? which one are better??? Is unblemish products are new??? help, please
vanyel5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there....
if i may suggest...check out www.paulaschoice.com and look under her 'kits' she does one for acne...a lot of skincare lines unfortunately either add ingredients that can add unnecessary irritation(like alcohol, essential oils, fragrance) or they are poorly formulated(for example..salicylic acid is a great product for working on acne, but it only works in a fairly low pH and their product has too high of a pH)
...and a lot of commercial ones are very overpriced...the proactive line has an "advanced blemish treatment" that costs 17 dollars for a third of an ounce...the active ingredient in that is benzoyl peroxide...you can get a generic benzoyl peroxide in an active strength at a drugstore for three or four dollars...
anyway...i am a firm believer in paula's products and her website...it provides great information for us, the public, to make informed decisions...let me know what you do and how it works out for you!
Kaybee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally posted a reply saying that I preferred unblemish to proactive. I have used both. What I have determined from the use of both that the 2 systems never really work completely. Although there is improvement in the beginning, the effectiveness of the product lessens.

I gave unblemish the 2 months that it says it needs to work and I was not satisfied with the product. Besides the fact that they system is $85, the face wash contains sulfur that turns silver jewelry black. After using the second step (the toner) you can tell that the face wash doesn’t really clean your face very well.

Although these systems may work for other people, I feel you can save yourself a lot of time, stress and money, by physically going to a dermatologist and have them help.

I have recently started using Cetaphils Daily Cleanser for normal to oily skin. I love it! It's nice to know that my skin can clear up just by using 1 step instead of the 3 steps in both proactive/unblemish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Acne All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: